Yellow Squash and Ham Soup
Did you serve a big juicy ham this holiday but have lots leftover and now you’re wondering what to do with the extra? Here’s a recipe that can be made using some of the leftover ham. Enjoy!
- 4 yellow squash sliced
- 6 Tbsp butter
- 1 onion(s) sliced
- 4 carrot(s) sliced thin
- 1 can evaporated milk
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ tsp nutmeg ground
- 1½ cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups leftover ham
- to taste salt and pepper
- In a large soup pot, melt butter.
- Sauté onion, carrots, squash, salt and pepper for 20 minutes.
- To Squash mixture add evaporated milk and sour cream, stir well.
- Simmer until mixture bubbles.
- Stir in nutmeg, cheese, ham and vegetable broth.
- For a thicker soup, adjust the amount of broth.