Oatmeal Cups To Go
To continue our theme this week of getting away from the cereal box on rushed mornings, here is an absolutely genius idea. All the nutrition of oatmeal packed into an easy to grab and go cupcake shape that can be easily heated and even taken out the door.
Photo courtesy of http://www.darcyeden.com
- 5 cups rolled oats
- 2½ cups over-ripe mashed banana, measured after mashing
- 1 tsp salt
- 5 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2⅓ cups water
- ¼ cup plus 1 tbsp oil
- 2½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- optional add-ins: cinnamon, shredded coconut, chopped walnuts, ground flax or wheat germ, raisins or other dried fruit, mini chocolate chips etc.
- Preheat oven to 375 F, and line 24 cupcake tins.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients and stir very well.
- In a separate bowl, combine and stir all wet ingredients (including banana).
- Mix wet into dry, then pour into the cupcake liners and bake 21 minutes.
- Can then broil for 1-2 minutes, but it’s optional.
- These oatmeal cakes can be eaten right away, or can be frozen and reheated for an instant breakfast on a busy day.
Good luck to you on your cereal free ventures.
Shani and the Build a Menu Team
Build a Menu is an online menu planning service that makes meal planning and grocery shopping fast, easy and budget friendly. Not familiar with us? Take a minute to browse our site and see how we can save you time and money, too!