Hey there! Since we like to keep our Build a Menu blog a little on the light side, we thought we’d use this opportunity to tell you a bit more about ourselves. Of course, if you feel like we should be formally introduced before you read any further, please take a moment to read Our Story and About Us on our website. Then be sure and come back, because after learning that much, you might as well learn a little more about who’s behind the scenes here at BAM!
9 Things You May Not Know About Lisa and Karee
1. We are sisters, but please don’t ask who is the oldest. We’re getting to the age it’s just not fun when someone guesses incorrectly. (At least not for the one of us that’s younger!) Although we absolutely can’t see the resemblance, we couldn’t begin to count how many times in our adult lives we’ve been asked if we’re twins. (Twins! Really???)
2. Although we work together on a daily basis, Lisa lives outside of Austin and Karee lives in Seattle (although a true Texan at heart!) Not a problem, except Lisa’s a morning person and Karee’s a night owl. If only Seattle could be two hours ahead of Austin instead of the other way around.
3. We have kids. Lots of them. At least 11 the last time we counted. (Not counting Lisa’s three completely adorable grand babies. Oops! Does that give away who’s older?) There’s so much going on in our homes neither of us can remember the last time we were bored!
4. Adoption is a huge part of our lives and we both thank God everyday for blessing us with each of the children who are now part of our families. Five of our 11 kiddoes are adopted and we wouldn’t have it any other way.
5. Karee once accidentally sat on a 100 year old violin. Yes, it broke. (You wanted to know more about us, right? Well, now you do!)
6. Lisa can quite often be found on stage singing and acting. Yes, it’s a passion and she can be quite a ham.
7. Karee laughs in octaves while Lisa laughs like a tugboat. Just sayin’.
8. It’s a really good thing we know our way around a kitchen, because we are both so directionally deficient we could get lost in our own driveways. Sad, but true.
9. We both claim Bluebell Ice Cream as the best in the world. Karee’s favorite is Pecan Praline’s ‘n Cream, while Lisa’s is Cherry Vanilla. Of course, Cookie’s ‘n Cream is a close runner up. So is Strawberry Cheesecake. And Buttered Pecan. And Southern Peach Cobbler.
Now that you know us a little better, we hope you’ll take a moment to introduce yourself and let us know where you’re from! We look forward to getting to know you better, too!
Nice to meet you!
Lisa & Karee